Intermitent electric window 97 406

Hi All, My car has just been in for new pads all round and a service , they must've disconnected the battery for some reason as the clock was wrong and I had to reset the radio code.However , the drivers window has now got a fault , coincidence maybe ?, whereby it goes down ok but will only go back up 1/2" at a time - I have to keep pressing/releasing the button. Anybody got any ideas what might be causing this ?.

T.I.A. Ron

Reply to
Ron

Break in the wiring loom that is connected to the drivers door most likely candidate. Common fault.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

It needs initialising because the battery was disconnected. Get the window up to the top. Then hold the switch in the up position for five seconds. All should then be ok.

Reply to
nigel

Thanks guys ,I'll check both those tomorrow.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Thanks Nigel , That worked ok .

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Excellent - sorry for the bum advice - I hadn't read the full post re the battery being disconnected. Glad you are sorted.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason