Is the 406 GLX 2.0 A Good Buy ?

Hey I would like some feedback from you whether the 406 GLX 2.0 Model is a good buy overall.

Reply to
wedge

I hope so I'm just about to buy one.

Bryan ( Winchester UK )

Reply to
Zoab

Hey Zoab, once you buy it tell me how it goes and what your initial thoughts are. I am planning to get one early next year from the UK also so I would appreciate your feedback. I have been looking at some of the

406 EXECUTIVE 2.0 models and they seem to come with quite some good extras.
Reply to
wedge

If it's a newer model (2001 onwards) with multiplex wiring and there's any sign of damp in the passenger footwell then walk away. A work colleague bought a 406 HDI Exectutive, the very next day it clapped out on him as the BSI (which sits under the fusebox and conveniently catches any water coming down the wiring harness towards it and also off the base of the windscreen if it has the slightest leak) was waterlogged and needed replacing. It took the local dealer 3 weeks to get the car going again after replacing the BSI and reprogramming it to talk to all the bits of the car such as cruise control, aircon etc.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

"Chris Dugan" wrote in message news:t_1gf.24785$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...

I must admit that having read this group for some time, I am a little concerned about the 406 electrics, so many people seem to have problems. In my experience electrical problems are often difficult to diagnose and expensive to repair, I wonder what you 406 owners feel.

Bryan ( Winchester UK )

Reply to
Zoab