MAP Sensor (405 2.0i)

To those better informed (than me!) in the newsgroup.

The diagnostic test ran by the local Peugeot dealer tells me that I have a faulty MAP sensor.

I've found out what it does, but on a 405 (2.0i 1993), where is it and what does it look like?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

If you look on your inlet manifold, there should be a thin plastic tube, connected to the manifold with a rubber pipe. Follow this pipe to where it ends and there will be the MAP sensor. If you're lucky, it'll be a smallish square unit above the rad. But if you're really unlucky, it'll be incorporated in the ECU!!! New ECU needed. Around £700 from Pug. Try and find one at a scrapper.

Reply to
Nigel