405 diesel Haynes Manual - removing transmission section

Hello,

I am in the process of changing the clutch in my 1993 405TD estate.

I have a Haynes manual, but too late I realised it was the petrol version. (Halfrauds didn't have any 405 manuals in my local store).

Does anybody have the 405 diesel manual and if they have, could they scan and e-mail me the section on removing the transmission please.

Many thanks

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Peter where do you live? i have a 405 but no scanner i could type it all out, and send it to you. if that helps?

Reply to
Chris

Chris,

I live in Trowbridge, Wiltshire.

Thanks for the offer, but it far too much to expect you to type it out for me.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

when i go back to work on tuesday a can photo copy it for u and post it

Reply to
Chris

Peter i am sending it too you in about 10-15 mins by e.mail

Reply to
Chris

Peter. Did you get the box in and out in the end ?

Reply to
Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for sending those pages of the manual through.

It would appear that the diesel is a lot more complicated/difficult than the petrol (less room to play with) and I also had a push clutch, so having read through what was needed several times I decided that I didn't feel competent to do the job in the time that I had available.

In the end I found a local garage who fitted the clutch for =A3150 (I supplied the materials), they had the car for two days and did an excellent job.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Thats a good price you should of given it a go .

Reply to
Chris