EGR Valve and MAP Sensor

Hello,

I have camry 96 LE, 4 CYC, 134K Miles . Recently, the engine check light got on. Got it checked by the mechanic and found that the EGR valve and the MAP sensor is bad. The mechanic is giving me the estimate of 500 dollars just for the parts. Can anybody advice me what should I do?

Regards, John

Reply to
john

I wonder if one sensor should have triggered the light, try a different mechanic.

Reply to
ransley

Toyota's OBD system usually can't tell any EGR problem even if they were supposed to be designed for them.

As for MAP sensor, it's easy to check and change (on the firewall). One from a junkyard is readily available and cheap. BTW these don't usually go bad.

See if Autozone can help pull the Check Engine codes (free) and post them here.

Reply to
johngdole