Fixing engine part '89 205

It certainly is a bad design, the cap is difficult to get off, I use a screwdriver which yes eventually breaks the edges, inside the cover were two rubber seal rings, I took one out to enable easier removal, the rubber pipe that it sits on coils down around the front of the engine and is strengthened in part, this takes the oil directly to the sump, and is clipped there, it is not a difficult pipe to replace, because of its shape these pipes eventually split resulting in the ingoing oil now outgoing onto the road.

Reply to
Colin Bolton

Peugeot has very weird design features, sometimes I think they did them at

2am while drunk.

The oil can only be put in the engine by taking off a hard to remove cap..which is held in place by a rubber thing, which .. of course, eventually breaks, as the cap has to be yanked off.

The pipe now hangs, suspended by the pipes, which can't be good.

Can anyone let me know how to replace the rubber, is it difficult to do?

I can't see any way to do this, it doesn't appear to be screwed on.

What drugs were there French taking when they made this up...

Thanks

Reply to
Bloke

Yes.. an insane design!

Actually, its the rubber bit that holds the cap onto the engine that I need to replace. the rubber which holds the bit where you pour the oil in.

How do I replace that?

thanks

Reply to
Bloke