No Dipped Beam

Hi...

My own 2000 406 has suddenly lost both headlights on dipped beam - both sidelights and full beam are working ok. Can anyone give an indication as to what this might be?

TIA

Reply to
Brainfire

Stupid question - Have you checked the bulbs?

We've two peugeots and this is the only make of car that we've had where I found it's quite common for both bulbs to blow at the same time.

Reply to
ebme.technician

looked at your relay for the lights.

Reply to
Chrs

It's the dim-dip resistor or it's associated relay. I don't know where they are on a 406 though. The dim-dip is designed to stop you using just side lights when the engine is running. IMO it's implementation is the biggest pile of cack ever conceived since it is not "fail safe" as you have found out, when it fails you get two unusable lighting states for normal driving.

Reply to
Phil Cook