oil level on the dipstic rissing

the oil level on my dipstic is rissing on my 406 diesel.and the oil seams to be thin any ideas as to why

Reply to
greggig

oil dos come up the dip stick.check the level when engine is turn OFF. was the engine warm?when you looked at the dip stick?and what type of oil are you using?

Reply to
Chris

yeah the engine was switched off. i checked the oil level before I set off (engine cold) this morning then checked it when I returned after about a 150ml trip (engine warm) and the oil level was quit a bit higher.using basic semi sym oil

Chris wrote:

Reply to
greggig

recheck it in the morning. as oil dos go up the pipe.and that would give you a reading.untill it was all gone from the tube.

Reply to
Chris

And when you recheck when cold has it dropped to the original level or stayed high? Does it smell of diesel? Is there any signs of water in it? Has your coolant level dropped?

Reply to
nigel

to the original level NO IT'S STILL HIGH Does it smell of diesel? NOT SURE AS UNFORTUNALY THE CAR IS A DIESEL SO EVERYTHING SMELLS OF THE STUFF Is there any signs of water in it? NO Has your coolant level dropped? NO

Reply to
greggig

Does it smell of diesel? NOT SURE AS UNFORTUNALY THE CAR IS A DIESEL Try wiping the oil on the dipstick onto a clean tissue and then walk well away from the car to sniff it. That should eliminate smells from the car and just leave that in the oil and on your hands.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

one of your injectors is leaking

Reply to