P406 HDI

I noticed that my carpet beneath your feet wet watery precisely. As the car parks on the downhill doubt leak of precipitation, and the slope splilover in the area below the driver's legs. Where and how to find the place in the penetration of water into the cabin? Does anyone have similar experiences and how is it resolved? Thanks everyone for advice, experiences and suggestions!

Reply to
Klaus

Probably heater matrix leaking, tricky job.

I bypassed my 605svti heater then sold it at auction when winter came.

Reply to
Brian Kelly

Could be heater matrix, but might not be. I had a 205 that suffered from intermittent wet carpet in the drivers footwell. I didn't manage to find the reason for it before the car was written off after an accident, but I know it wasn't coolant.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Might be clogged drains at either side of the windscreen wipers.... i now mine had after winter.

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

With regard to your water leak. Do you have a sun roof. These have drains and they get blocked causing water to run inti the car, down behind the trim and into the footwell. Happened on a 405 we had.

Reply to
Tinkerer

Reply to
Chris

How's that new motor going Chris? We swapped our 306 in for a Honda CRV but the 406 MKI/MKII hybrid is still with us.

Reply to
Tinkerer

the vauxhall corsa goes very well had it a year and got 23.000 miles on the= clock just had service its diesel 1.3 turbo i can do 114miles on =A310 die= sel so its a little better than the pug 405 but i do miss it .>=20

--=20 Chris

Reply to
Chris

Haven't worked out consumption moneywise but we are getting 47mpg from the Pug. The CRV is a 2.2 diesel and only gives around 36mpg but it is a heavier vehicle so it's around the sort of consumption we expected. Very pleased with it though. It's great on long runs - armchair motoring, especially with the cruise control on.

Reply to
Tinkerer

On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:50:21 +0100, "Tinkerer" wrote as underneath my scribble :

From the Corsa figure above at guessed 118p/lit thats 61MPG which is better than my P206hdi 1.4 which gets 57mpg mixed driving without too much effort. The mfg brochure figure is 65mpg which is unachievable in normal driving, Peugeot must have run their test car on unobtanium diesel, slick tyres at

100psi, average 40mph, ultra thin oils etc,etc ! charlie+
Reply to
Charlie+

I think most manufacturer's projected figures are, shall we say, optimistic.

Reply to
Tinkerer

--=20 Chris

Reply to
Chris

that is tesco in addlestone.

£1.189 at Asda when I left UK last week but around 1.10 Euro here in France which is about 94p. Getting 50mpg from my 2.0 TDCI pug/ford engined Cmax at motorway speeds. More than happy!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi,

Of course, but not that much, indeed. On soft drive I twice got 4.1L/100 (57MPG) out of my 206 (road/motorway) when it's given around 61.2-54.7 in mfg figures.

On long motorway drives I get a bit above 47 MPG (sticking on the legal max speed, 130KPH here), when it's given for 52 @120KPH (from memory). Not that far, then. And I'm not really sluggish :-)

Regards,

Reply to
G.T