The sorrow end of my pug....

Marc Amsterdam

Video removed. Pug reprieved?

Reply to
Tinkerer

Hi Marc,

Youtube said you deleted it. Tell us the story, then ?

Regards,

Reply to
G.T

found an error, wil upload agian!

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

Hi Marc,

Ca va, et toi ?

Which was your mum's previous car, IIRC ?

Regards,

Reply to
G.T

pas peut... could be better as of the crises. but it is still managable. how are you holding up?

apparently it did, probably due to some rotten leads of some sort that made it fire on its last neurons and kill itself. It is not the first pug in my possesion that did, I had a 205D tha did the very same (650.000 km on the dails i shit you not)

:-) we all were boy racers once.......

We kind of shared our cars, i bought the 305D when she bought a 205D. After she wrecked her 205 on the way from st Leger s/s Beuvray to Autun thinking she was Ari Vatanen (and a 205 maxi) she got my 305 and i bought the 406. i always loved my 305 and thats the reason i still have it and it still runs (though it might need a new xud9) She realy didn't want my V70 D5 (and i wouldn't give it to here either..) so she bought a brand spanking new partner TeePee diesel witch seems to fit her perfectly! Nice complete car though i think

110Bhp is a bit on the lean side..

merci, meme a vous.

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

Hi Marc,

Errrr... Pretty fine. 'til now, I haven't suffered from the crisis as my company decided to enter into a cost-reduction program about one year before the recession began.

I've heard of a 205TD with 750,000km on the clock (but it did 400,000km within 4 years).

I mean *home* amplifier. Now I can hear the bass when listening to (for example) Golden Earring. On the road, I'm happy with the 206's stereo ;-)

C'mon, 110HP is enough. That's your mum, and she possibly won't need all that power anytime around Autun !

Cheers,

Reply to
G.T

resilient little machines they are! They put a smile on my face when i see them. The XUD is one of the best designed and built engine blocks aroud! Effort less 500k and more

A you've got Bon Goût for the Earring... I have done work for them in the past! They ARE the embodyment of Rock and Roll. Bit to much for me though.

I tell you, you'd shit seven shades when she's time pressed! I know i do!

My dad is quite the same and i seem to have inherited both their driving style....

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

Hi,

I'm late, damn late...

I'll be a little OT, but I don't care. Golden Earring has several features. That's the only one Dutch band known outside of Holland. I mean, far outside, at least up to the USA. Well done. The only one things known outside of there usually are the mills, tulips & Philips - on that one, being an electronics engineer gives me a special taste for the firm. Far fewer people know of DAF or Jan De Rooy. The drum player (I don't know their names, and I won't make you the offense of hiding my lack of knowledge behind a Wikipedia page) is pretty amazing. The bass player knows how it works. On some Youtube videos he uses a double neck bass. I've never seen this before, and ever since. That's pure rock & roll, yes. Perhaps a bit too hard for you, but they are professionnals : the "Naked truth" record has some interrest. Acoustic but nice.

Regards,

Reply to
G.T

ah not much going on here anyway so we wont upset to many ppl i supose

I bet Ari knows him :-)

Haha, by a bit to much for me i didn't meant the music, more the side benifits with a R&R band like the Earing..... 2 much for me 2 handle, come to think that they are the age of my parents... tough bunch of rockers they are. My musical taste varies from Melody Gardot to Slayer and beyond.

The double neck played by Rinus was probably the Danelectro he played for years.

cheers!

Marc

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam