Peugeot 306 '96 Problem - Sporadic alarm triggered central locking failure

Hey all,

I have a really odd problem. My alarm triggers a central lock on priming through a fob. This worked since the original installation in

1995. During the last few weeks, I've had problems with this - alarm triggered central locking works perfectly every time - the unlocking, however, does not!

This alarm triggered central unlocking failure lasted for a week, resumed working on its own for a few weeks, stopped working for a day, resumed working for a few weeks and now stopped working again - a few days ago. Odd, indeed.

Triggering central locking and unlocking - by using the passenger side lock (either from the inside or from the outside) works perfectly.

It is of interest to note that the drive side lock does not trigger central locking or unlocking, but is locked/unlocked when the passenger side door is locked/unlocked (that is - it does not affect the central locking but is affected by it). I resealed the inner door membrane a few weeks ago (opened the door AFTER the problem started, so this is not a cause) and noticed 2 wires not connected to anything inside the door - this probably is related.

When I use the fob to trigger the alarm I hear a tick from the driver side door. I don't hear anything in the passenger side door. Not sure whether this has always been like this...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Reply to
diamant.alon