peugeot 306 d turbo 1996 - heating matrix problem

Hi could do with some advise, just purchased a 306 turbo diesel, could someone tell me how often the cam belt needs to be replaced, the car has

105k on the clock, was told when i purchased it that it was change about 6 months ago when the vechicle had its last service but looking through the service history have no record of any service since 2003 when the cam belt was changed at 75k.

Also if i turn the heater on i get a windscreen full of dust and a horrible smell, as far as im aware its down to the heating matrix could anyone confirm this???

Any help appreciated!!!

Reply to
Roy Austin via CarKB.com

Cambelt replacement interval is 72K (miles), assuming a genuine quality Peugeot belt is used.

Has it got air con? The smell can come from the condensation you get on the air con matrix. The dust is what can be sucked in through the system. Suggest you run it at max heat and full blower for 5 minutes or so. Should clear it out.

Brian.

Reply to
brian

No air con, but will try your suggestion,

Many Thanks

Reply to
Roy Austin via CarKB.com

A hell of a lot of dust seems to blow in my 306 even when it is parked. I keep meaning to have a go at making a dust filter for it.

Reply to
Phil Cook

the heating matrix had past its best before date. After a few arguments with the dealer i purchased the car from they have agreed to replace the heater matrix, should have the car back tomorrow so hopefully end of problem.

Reply to
Roy Austin via CarKB.com