Peugeot 306 Engine Diagnostics Light Flashes

Hello,

Im new to this group after being recommended so I hope you can help.

Basically I have an 'N' reg peugeot 306 and when I turn on the ignition to accessory the engine diagnostics light flashes continuously when it usually stays on until I start the car. As a consequence the car sounds as rough as gravel when I try and start it. The immobiliser works fine etc so the ecu cant be completely trollied!

As a side note, when I turn the ignition on usually there is a noise, like an electric hum that usually last for about 2 seconds that no longer happens, which I can only guess is directly linked to the problem described above.

Somebody please help!!

Many thanks in advance

Reply to
ba_barakus

For anybody that interested or have similar problems here was what the problem was.

Spark plugs and HT leads and the ignition coil needed a good smacking!

Hope this is of use for somebody

Reply to
ba_barakus