Peugeot 106 immobiliser problem?

Hello there,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I think my immobilser may have broken although i am also wondering if this might have to do with the diesel's pre-ginition system. I have a Peugeot 106 XND (diesel) 1997 3-door with peugeot-fitted immobiliser keypad.

My immobiliser light flashes red as normal when the car is 'armed' - I get in, turn key and key in 4 digit code and instead of the green light coming on, both the green and red lights come on solidly and the car won't start and appears to be still 'immobilised'. Now, i have also noticed that my orange pre-ignition 'warming up' light is not coming on - now i'm not sure if this is connected - or it could just be a case of the bulb in the dash board having gone?! I'm afraid i hadn't noticed the lack or orange light (i've had the car 4 years so just do it all 'in my sleep' so to speak) until this problem - as then i was actually *looking* at what was happening! ;-)

Could there be a correlation between the immobiliser refusing to unarm and a fault in the glow plug system?

Is there a way to 'hack' the car to bypass the immobiliser so at least i can get it to start? My car has been running perfectly up until this point and have no reason to suspect any other faults.

Many thanks for any help!

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa Selms

this is the way it is sweets start up the car remove the keypad and disconnect it then it will nevewr kick in or work again as long as you are happy with no security

second option problem is Usually caused by too much current draw across engine harness connector can be cured by either by passing thick grey wire in connector (at nsf) or connecting a wire (thick wire) bteween alternater plus terminal and glow plug relay perm plus terminal (which also bypasses the connector ) just give these instructions to someone competant enuf to implement them unless you live in leeds in which case mail me and i'll do it

Reply to
Mindwipe