Peugeot 306 indicators stay on all time, please help!!

my peugeot 306 M reg 1.8 sr sedan has just had battery put back on it. Like normal headlights flash when battery gets reconnected. After getting the headlights to stop (hold button on steering column) then left indicators just constantly stay on. even when the car is switched off. only way to stop battery from running flat is to disconnect it. can anyone PLEASE tell me what the problem is and if so how to correct. or any information - i would be grateful. thanks

Reply to
peter007

Alarm ECU has a sticking relay in it. Common fault. Search Google groups and you will find may posts regarding this.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

I did one of these last week with the same fault,, turned out to be the "indicator / light switch" that was at fault fitted a new one,,,, problem solved Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Indeed this is another possibility but my money is on the alarm ECU.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

That is your alarm going off. You should be hearing a loud siren too, unless you've disabled it !

Er, you stop the alarm by pressing the button on your keyfob ! The steering column button simply disables the interior sensors.

I think you need to read your owners manual, to understand the alarm system !

Alarm controller often starts to stick, leaving one or more indicators switched on. But as the indicators flash whenever you lock/unlock the car with your keyfob, you'd surely have noticed the problem before now ???

Reply to
Nom

It has two uses depending on when it is pressed.

It can be used to turn the alarm off. Open the door and the alarm will go off but get the key in the ignition and turn it on and press the button before 10 seconds and it will turn the alarm off. At least it does on my N reg 306.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Interesting ! Is that functionality mentioned in the manual ? I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the handbook for my 405.

Reply to
Nom

Yes.

Jim