306 Clarion radio

Hi

I?ve never been able to get my radio to work since I bought the car 2 months ago. At best, the LCD backlight comes on when I turn the ignition key to its first position. It doesn?t ask for the code or anything. So it clearly is getting power, but still doesn?t work.

My concern is the code has been entered wrongly too many times and caused it to permanently shut off. Is this possible? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks lemmy

Reply to
LemmyBarnet

I had same problem when i bought my peugeot.

How i cured the problem was to leave the ignition on overnight then when i came back in morning radio asked for "CODE" i had to pay local dealer for code £20, but did the trick

Hope this helps

Richy

Reply to
Richy

Citroen is similar. Switch on ignition to accessory position. Switch on radio (for up to twelve hours if wrong code's been entered six times). When 'CODE' appears enter the correct number. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Thanks for that. I left it on for 11 hours, with the ignition to A, went back this morning and... nothing! Still blank. So I headed off in the car, and on my way back home later in the day I noticed the radio said the magic word "CODE"! Maybe the leaving-it-switched on is cumulative, so once it reached 12 hours it came on, maybe it was a coincidence, but who cares as long as it keeps working?

(Thankfully, the person I bought the car from had written the code on the manual.)

Cheers again

lemmy

Reply to
LemmyBarnet