Pug 306 - Indicators not flashing - Help

A mate of mine has a Pug 306 XTdT (N plate) and the Indicators no longer flash when the car is Locked and Un-locked (work OK when driving). Doors lock and Un-lock fine.

It has been in for a few grille and bits/bobs following a minir front end shunt - I suspect the battery has been disconnected when the car was in the bodyshop.

A small red LED has also appeared on, just above the radio (I didn't even know this was there !!! It is definately Not the one on the radio.

Is this liked to the alarm, and so does is need re-setting if the battery has been disconnected ????

If so, how do you do it ???? Switch under Bonnet ??? there is something there with a big red cap on the top (Hopefully not the self distruct switch !!)

Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Cheers,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Smith

At least the indicators work whilst driving. I had something similar happen and it turned out part of the wiring loom had dropped down and been eaten by a driveshaft. Incidentally, the wiring got its own back and sliced through the CV boot. Luckily (relatively speaking), it sounds like that's not what's happened in this case. I'd guess that the alarm itself is playing silly buggers. Your mate should have a small key to turn the alarm on and off - the keyhole it fits is under the bonnet of the car at the front passenger side. You just need to flip open the little plastic cover to get to it. See what happens if you switch it off, leave it for 1/2 hour and turn it back on again.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul