Peugeot 405 1.4GL of 1993 air conditioner problem

Hello,

I have a problem with air conditioner in my Peugeot 405 1.4GL of 1993 which has installed a DIAVIA air conditioning system and a Sanden compressor.

The problem is that the electromagnete of compressor has gone in short circuit and burns out the fuse of conditioner.

I don?t know if anyone can suggest me any way to fix the electromagnete, any scheme of electromagnete or how to replace it with a new one (and where to get this one) because here in Albania we don?t have Diavia representative.

Reply to
gereqi

Google is your friend!

Numerous sources of Sanden clutch parts such as here

I don't know how easy getting parts in Albania though. If you are handy then re-winding a coil might be worth a try - near enough will be good enough. Total coil resistance should be a few ohms, drawing a few amps from 12 volts.

Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin