Peugeot 405 1.4 GL of 1993 car alarm factory fitted problem

Hi all,
I have just bought a Peugeot 405 1.4 GL (petrol) of 1993 which has an "original factory fitted" car alarm. The car has been first
bought in Italian dealer of Peugeot and has a RANGER 5 alarm fitted and with just one remote.
The previous owner has disconnected the car alarm because of an electrical fault in car radio which caused the alarm to go on without any reason.
I want to reconnect now this alarm, I try to connect the ready made connectors below steering wheel, but when I reconnect all three connectors (one bigger, one smaller and the last one with just three cables) the car just wont react to remote signal. I have checked the remotes batteries but theyre OK.
In the alarm box I have seen in its side a compartment cover which when slided down unveils a bunch of DIP switches which originally were all at OFF position.
Does anybody know the correct procedure of installation ?
I mean correct cable plug order, DIP switches order, configuration and maybe remote programming ???
Thanks in advance - GENTI
gereqi wrote:

Just take it to your local Car Security firm, and pay them 100 to fit an alarm. No need to use the "RANGER 5" when a proper system is so cheap.