Peugeot 405 T16 - tunning?

T16 isn't gonna get close to 160mph with a mere 220bhp ! It would need a spectacularly low CD figure, and it would need to lose the 4x4 (huge transmission loss). It won't hit 150mph real-speed in real-life.

Take a look for yourself - even very sleek FWD cars (Calibra Turbo, Astra Coupe Turbo, 406 Coupe) etc. would struggle to exceed 150mph with 220bhp.

I have no idea. I got about 250miles from a tank of fuel. I *think* it was a standard 50l tank.

I get very similar economy from the 3.0 Coupe now - it's a 70l tank (!!!) and I get around 350 miles from it.

:)

Reply to
Nom

Load'O's**te - The volvo T5 Has a mere 250hp on it's 20Valve hybrid turbo engine and that can do 155mph.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Hi,

I must say I'm in doubt here. I saw once on telly a T16 used as a police car here in France (car used to chase thugs using stolen BMWs for example - not motorway car, they don't have them anymore), I only saw from outside it was a "sporty" 405, but from inside I was sure it was a T16, considering how it was accelerating far over the speedometer limit (which should be around

225KPH I guess, as others 405s), and still revving strongly. And what a damn wonderful noise !

Unfortunately I ain't got any specs for it yet, but I'd plan on a heavy

230KPH real speed, considering that a Mi16 was able of 210/215KPH (with only FWD, *but* only 160HP as well). I'll try to find specs for that.

Depends on the SCx, and gearbox / drivetrain values in addition of the engine. That's true however, IIRC the 406 Coupé V6 was given for 231KPH (143MPH).

Which gives 12l/100km. That's what I would expect of such a car, but perhaps you just drive a bit too fast with it ? :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

It doesn't prove anything I'd say. The T5 is a 5 cyl 20v turbo (2.3 ?) , that's at least as powerful than a V6 24v 3L, thanks to the turbo and the 20 valves. BTW the Pug / Renault V6 can be tweaked up to 250HP at least, as the Clio V6 offers that. I guess than ToCA 406s V6 Coupé are given for 300HP, as old 406 sedan used before (4 cyl 2.0T 20v) were able of these 300HP (I'm pretty sure it's the same unit that was successfully used on the 206WRC, also a 4-cyl

20v T).

Oh, BTW, both 406s Touring and 206 WRC engines (perhaps 307 WRC) were good-old XUs (what we could hear and regonize quite easily). When I said these engines were wonderful, I guess I was damn right :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi

All the 2 litre MI16 & the Le-Mans had the same rear spoiler as the T16.

Its part number 8664 17 if that helps.

Reply to
Lee Power via CarKB.com

Er, what ?

You've just completely agreed with what I said !

Hence, why do you start your post with "Load'O's**te" ?!?!?!?

Are you insane ?

Reply to
Nom

If it was a Police vehicle, it could perhaps have been tweaked ? Or perhaps the speedo was way out - they do tend to overread, and the faster you go, the more they overread by.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable - that'd be 242mph.

Agreed, however modern cars usually have broadly similar gearing. They won't usually be far off the peak-power-figure at top-speed. Except the odd wierdo car like the Lotus Carlton/Omega with crazy long top-gear :)

Probably :) There's no point paying the running costs of a powerful car, if you're not gonna use it :)

Reply to
Nom

Ah, interesting - cheers ! Are the 16" wheels the *only* external difference then ?

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

And the T16 plate at back, I'm afraid. P/N 8664.17 is the rear spoiler for both LeMans and T16, possibly different of the one fit to SRi (IIRC, as an option / accessory).

Cheers, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T