peugeot 406 2003 remote not working

i recently disconnected the battery and now the remote fob wont work, it was fine before. the dealers want £67 to recode the fob. anyone came across this one before??

Reply to
harveyb

I'm sure this has come up before. I don't have a 406 so I did not save it.

Try a search of the NG archive

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I have just had a new battery fitted to my 406, fortunately the mechanic knew what he was doing and put a battery saver in line before he did the change, it just plugs into the cigar lighter socket. Saves a lot of problems.

Bryan

Reply to
Zoab

This link may help.