Peugeot 406 2.0 petrol

Hi all, I have just had a message from my radio display saying" anti-pollution problem" does this mean that my catalytic converter has gone bust? Its also flashing with an engine light which has a fan placed in-front of it ( on the rev counter part) anybody have an idea off what these problems could be. It is a Peugeot 406 6 years old, and has done 70,000 miles, Thank you

Reply to
ben_humphries_979

ben_humphries_979 (ben_humphries snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Not necessarily. But if you leave it alone, it may soon be.

That's the engine management light, which tells you there's a fault code logged. Read the codes, and it'll tell you where the problem's likely to lie.

Reply to
Adrian

When the catalytic converter broke two years ago on my 2.0 16v 406 estate (now 10.5 years and 148k miles), there were no dashboard indications. There was, however, a noisy rattle particularly audible at idle. I phoned around and had the front section of the exhaust, which includes the cat., replaced for about 200 pounds.

Chris

Reply to
Chris