Peugeot 406 T Reg Stalling when no acceleration and jerking

Need help!!! Car is stalling when i dont accelerate and when im driving it starts jerking. Left car for 24 hrs came back to it and it was fine, drove for minutes no probs. left car for around half an hour went to drive it and was doing the same thing. Then after a few minutes problem went away, turned off engine for couple of minutes then it was not working again. It is a petrol model. Sure i never put diesel in it as I put fuel in car day before and drove it for miles so certain thats not the problem.

Reply to
George07

hi,we had a r reg 406 that done the same thing,turned out the idle sensor was shot,not a cheap part to replace i am afrai

"George07" wrote

Reply to
andyb

WELL MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE GROUP. AND THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELPED ME OVER THE YEARS. CHRIS ADDLESTONE..

Reply to
Chris

thank you, had a couple of people look at it, told me to check spark plugs for dampness. will do that then then if that doesnt work garage it is

"andyb" wrote: > hi,we had a r reg 406 that done the same thing,turned out the > idle sensor was shot,not a cheap part to replace i am afraid

Reply to
George07