Peugeot 806 electrics help

I have a P reg 806 SRDT 102,000 miles. Rev counter drops to zero after 10 or so miles, sometimes jumps up again. Any ideas. Also clock inside has not worked for a year now. looks a bit hard to get at, again any ideas. Electrics seem to be a bit of a pain and I also think the battery is about to die........... Do not mention the stupid key pad which is falling of - again... I have lots of 806 tails and service gripes.

Reply to
castlecombe