Peugeot UK plant shutting down

Whilst I have an intense dislike for Peugeot UK's complete incompetence and utter disregard for their customers, it is a shame that the UK is losing yet another car plant, which will have a bad effect on the Midlands and lots of smaller companies that rely on Peugeot's business.

Matt

Matthew Haigh

Having lived in Coventry for a while in the 80s I can't help but feel that it's going to hit the area quite hard. I see the government is rolling over and playing dead just as they did with Rover.

Reply to
Malc

Hi,

Not the news which I like to read. I've heard it could well be the same with Nissan's plant in a close future, for exactly the same reasons.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"Peugeot" the product is brilliant, the UK dealer network is what spoils it, after sales service leaves allot to be desired, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

I have to dispute that. They used to be (I have owned many of them and done a huge amount of mileage in their cars) - but products like the 807 are absolute rubbish. I know a lot of 807 owners who agree.

I have no arguments with that! Just taking one example - we had a bad door rattle after the replacement of the driver's door card (which was being replaced due to it being damaged in earlier repairs of the window mechanism). Viking Peugeot decided it was the door hinge, so replaced it

- but didn't bother to align the door when they refitted it, leaving it very obviously out of line (I spotted it from a good 10m away in the car park). And it didn't even fix the rattle...

Matt

Matthew Haigh