Power Antenna?

Hi there

Recently bought a Peugeot 106 which had a non standard radio cassette in it. On inspection I discovered that instead of using an ISO connector, the person who installed the device simply cut the wires and used tape to connect them up. All well and good, but this lead me to having to work out what wire supplied what!

After doing my research I've managed to install my CD player/radio. The one problem I am having though, is that in my previous car, the radio was top notch, but in the 106 it's barely able to find a station. I am lead to believe that this has something to do with the Power Antenna lead that was not about to find a home for. I thought it might be just a case of wiring this to the IGN. line, in order to power the antenna, but I didn't notice any improvement. There is, however, a small redundant orange cable that was previously unconnected; I wonder if this could be what I am looking for?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks James

Reply to
jamblo

The power antenna lead is used only if you have and electric motorised antenna , that is one that goes up and down when the radio is switched on and off , like you get on a xj6 jag etc etc. It is more than likely that you have a bad connection to your actual car aerial. I take it that you did plug the aerial connector into the back of the radio? its easily forgotten. Hope this helps

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Hi Gary, thanks for reply.

I have plugged in the antenna lead, however the connection is far from clean, and when I removed the old stereo, the aerial plug was (and still is) covered in a white powdery residue. Any ideas what this is and how best to rectify?

Thanks Jamblo

Reply to
jamblo

This is not entirely true, as many Pugs (and other makes) use an antenna with an amp in the base. Don't know if this applies to your 106 as I don't know the age, but if it has one of these short roof-top aerials with a large base, then this is probably the case. Unfortunately, my Haynes books are totally useless when it comes to this sort of information.

Reply to
Brian

messagenews:2a-dnbrNBat_dm snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...> The power antenna lead is used only if you have and electric motorised

Same here, looked through my Haynes manuel to no avail. It's a 1995 N

106.
Reply to
jamblo