406 aircon & water

car is 1996 406 2.0ltr petrol turbo executive manual

recently purchased this car and have noticed a small pool of water under neath the car shortly after parking it up, is this related to the aircon or is leakage from the cat, have heard deal this happens with aircon cars any help much appreciated

Reply to
Stuart Bryce

Yes it more than likely IS the air con', I've seen this on my car and on lorries with air con'. regards, mark.

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

My friend has a Honda Civic and when he has had the air con. on, it leaves a pool of water on his drive which I believe is normal.

Richard

Reply to
ICM Remote Engineers

Hmm, aircon must be rare if you haven't seen this before. Yep, pretty common, especially on a humid day. The air con condenses the moisture out of the air and the condensate drains under the car. If you don't keep the drains clear, you'll end up with wet carpets.

Regards

Ron Emu Plains, Australia

Reply to
The Becketts