Problems with my 306 HELP!!!

Hi, I've got a Pug 306 1.9TD R Reg 3 door saloon. Its been driving fine up until the last few days, I was going around a round about then the thing just stopped, it seemed that there was a short circuit as the lights were going funny, then all power died no hazards and no ignition opened up bonnet (While on roundabout) then the lights came back on, ok so I drive on and all seems well until I get onto the dual carriageway when it happens again, so I put my hazards on (It was at night) then all power died, and no hard shoulder So I jumped out onto the bank then the lights came back on, this has happened a few times and I have no idea what it could be....

Any offers Cheers for help Oli

Reply to
The Question Asker

Electrics are crap on the pugs! First check the earth lead on the battery...clean it loads and make sure is earthed properly

Have you got any non standard stuff rigged up to the electrics? huge amp? ...if so disconnect them also, check there are no leaks ...check the rear and front light clusters to see if any water has been fusing them

...prob be the earth though, failing that look in yellow pages for a car electrician and get them to look at it HTH Mark

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
The Question Asker