Pug

Great news group, and having just become the proud owner of a 406 diesel estate on a 02 plate, I have learned a lot from lurking here. This is probably a stupid question, but what is a PUG.

Bryan ( Winchester UK )

Reply to
Zoab

since you own one.....

Pug is affectionate for peugeot

happy motering, make sure tha cambelt is changed in due time

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

Thanks Marc, makes sense really. What mileage do you recommend to change the cambelt.

Thanks again

Bryan ( Winchester UK )

Reply to
Zoab

My Xantia (hdi engine) recommends at 100,000 miles. Seems very high to me,will think about it soon as car now has 72,000 up. Haynes recommends cambelt change at thirty thousand for all cars which is a bit silly - but it'll need a new engine if it breaks. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Someone tell me if I am wrong, but doesn't age have a factor as well. I had one replaced at less than 70000 on my old 306 deseil as it was too old.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

Hi,

Yeah true, usually 5 years or given mileage, at the first term.

Regards, G.T (another proud Pug owner)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

My 205 is on 130 and has no service history. The belt could be 16 years old, or 2. Should I be worried?

Reply to
Chimp

Not if you are very wealthy and can afford the odd new engine.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Hi,

I wouldn't have written a better answer ! For the price of a used engine (which you should change belts too) how many belt kits can you afford ? Given for only 4-5h labour.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T