Pug 306 Central locking Works, Deadlocks Dont

Hi

Does anyone know how what to check to fault find my central locking.

I have a peugeot 306 TD hatch N reg. When I press the plip button, the central locking engages.... however when i press the second button the deadlock doesnt.

It was intermittent and has now stopped all together. I had the problem before and it was caused by one of the rear doors not being closed properly. The plip would lock it but pressing the second button would not engage the deadlocks.

I seem to think its a problem with the boot lock, all doors seem to close properly. I've had a look at the lock but cant see anything obvious. The central motors obviously power up to engage the primary locking. (The deadlocking doesn't attempt to run any locking motors, it is making no futher action whatsoever).

Are there any sensors to check that the lock is fully closed? I cant see anything.

The remote appears to be transmitting, though could it be an electrical fault with the times (since you only get 5 seconds to engage deadlocking)?

If anyoune has any ideas then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Austin

M. H. Greaves