Reset of key remote on 02 406

I have just bought an 02 406 Hdi estate but the key fob will not operate the locks etc due to the battery having been replaced on the car and hence the electrical system disconnected. The reset procedure in the manual does not rectify the problem. Any tricks to get it cure it before I go to a dealer?

Reply to
The Bushes

I presume the vehicle starts with the key you have?

If they do then you need to resync the remotes. Turn ignition on (not start) press and hold remote button (the key in ignition) for at least 10 seconds, release button and turn ignition off. Leave for a few seconds and try!

Good luck,

Paul.

Reply to
paul_diagtech