service light partner van HDI

Hi Folks, I have just done a filter and oil change in my 2001 partner 2.0 hdi van and once again re-set the service interval as per the handbook. The question I have is that I only have the option to set the service interval of either 10,000 or 12,000 miles, does anyone know if I can change this to say 6000 miles? which would be more useful as the service intervals are every 6000 miles according to the handbook. My 406 hdi also has the same choice of 10,000 or 12,000 miles .

Thanks in advance Gary

Reply to
GGJ

blimey its quiet on here,

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Yes its because i am off to luxor egypt for 2weeks ahahahahaha but i make up for it when i get home ahahahahaha

Reply to
Chris

Enjoy your holiday Chris, and while you are out there check how many miles to the gallon they get out of a camel, I don't suppose they do as well as your 405.

Bryan

Reply to
Bystander

Well Chris, I was going to tell you to say "Hello to Mummy" while your there, but I have decided it probably ain't that good a joke so I won't.

Reply to
Keith W

I think you'll find it is preset to the service period recommended by Peugeot. My wife's 306 has a setting of 6,000 miles but after the speedo was made, and before the car was sold, they revised the service intervals so that it is now bloody useless.

Reply to
Keith W

Sounds about as useless as my vans service light, in the service book its all got a 6000 mile gap between services and all I can choose is 10000 or

12000 on the dash service reminder (count down), completely useless.

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Hi,

Coming late to read this, but I find it's good.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

No folks, I did not pay GT to say that ;o)

Reply to
Keith W

Yup. I guess "completely useless" is a pretty good description of it.

Reply to
Keith W

Not entirely - set it to 12,000 and do your services when it reads 6,000 and zero.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

Well I suppose I could , but I would only get to see the flashing spanner every 12,000 miles :o) .Just bloody annoys me that something fitted to a car could be so pointless. Although being computerized you would have thought they could have sorted it out to read 6000 miles pretty easily. I must admit I do set it 10,000 and then just keep an eye on it, I like to change the oil more often than recommended anyway (not as often as Chris does though) so I usually just write it on a sticker and stick it on the visor to remind me the mileage when it was last done.

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ