oil for citreon HDI

What is the best for price oil for a diesel HDI, ive heard that Mobil is good but over the top on price. Halfords looks good at BOGOF made by Esso im told same company as Mobil shell is used in France much cheaper in France than England. Anyone used Millers, I have used their Diesel additive which is great before an MOT

Thanks John

Reply to
Johnnie Scott

What is a Citreon? Is it something like a Mitsibushi?

Uno Hoo!

I use Total Quartz 9000 in my HDI, available from Andyspares (German Sweedish French) at around £15 +vat for 5 litres. That is the best oil recommended by Citroen.

Reply to
Ben Cowell

The message from "Uno Hoo!" contains these words:

Often called a Mr Bishi round here.

Reply to
Guy King

Avoid Halfords and go for Millers XFE (or whatever is recommended for the HDi) from say Les Smiths, better than a petrol/diesel compromise oil imho.

JH

Reply to
Jon Harris

Don;t mess about with Halfrauds...

Millers XFE is top quality stuff and you'll get 5 liters for about £16.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Yes. It has 4 wheels and an engine. Very similar to a Mini.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

I use Millers XFD at £23.75 for 5 litres in my HDi.

Have used Millers for about 10 years, used to use XFE and change it every

5000 miles in my old TUD, XUD9 and Ford 1.8D. With XFD I stick to the 12,000 intervals.

I looked at oils in France whilst on holiday and they weren't much cheaper (unlike the diesel at 58p per litre!)

Reply to
Doctor D.