Small insignificant parts

Evening,

Quick one, what would be the best place to grab:

- 2 new struts for my 306 '99 estates tailgate, ones that will maybe hold it open. Also, can these be fitted/removed without tools. I've tried to figure it out but its not clear and its very hard to work with a heavy metal door balanced on your head.

- A net similar to the ones found in the boots of estate models with a higher spec than mine. I'm not used to a large boot for things to roll around.

I'm assuming i'd have a good shot at finding either at breakers yards but alternatively, where would I look?

Thanks. Tom.

Reply to
Tom Hawley

The struts from Neat autos

or GSF
The net - Halfords and others sell them to cover trailers and roof racks etc.

Reply to
Brian

I've seen the nets on Ebay. So quite possibly the struts will be there too. The nets are general for any saloon/estate of your size (307,206,406 etc) but the struts will be specific so just type in your car make and model and search.

Reply to
nigel

Thinking about it, does the 306 have the hooks for fitting the nets?

Reply to
nigel

nigel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Only the estate, I think: the normal hatch doesn't.

Reply to
southpawArcher

You need a "bit of wood" [TM] get a length of 2x1 or a broom handle and cut it to the required length. One end goes in the corner of the boot and the other under the lid in the raised position.

Reply to
Phil Cook