Smokey old 306

I have a Dturbo 306 with 145K on the clock, and when you start the car it turns over for roughly 4 seconds (after the glow plug light goes out), and then fires up, with a nice little cloud of white smoke form the exhaust. However the car runs smooth, sounds like it will do another 145K, and doesnt smoke when driving along, even after stepping off the boost. The car has also just been serviced by me with new oil, air and fuel filters. Would this be related to the starting delay, or could it be pointing towards bigger problems?

This one has been puzzling me for a while and i was hoping someone could shed some light on the situation for me!! Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, James

Reply to
JC

i would check the glow plugs sounds like one at least isnt up to speed

Reply to
Mindwipe

Yep. White smoke on startup is unburnt fuel so at least one pot isn't getting hot enough to ignite the diesel until it has been turned over a few times.

Reply to
Phil Cook

I'd find the time. One down, three to go and it will happen quite soon. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE