Temperature guage flickering

The temperature guage on my Peugeot Partner van flickers from maximum to just above minimum all the time that the engine is running, or when the suidelights are on. The local garage has quoted ?300 to fix the problem. Can anyone please suggest any possible (cheaper!) cures? Many thanks for any suggestions Steve

Reply to
steveinfrance

I had a similar problem on my Peugeot 405. I've dismounted the gauges panel, and found out that one of the connections to the temperature gauge is done by a washer and nut. I've replaced the washer (it was a little bent), sprayed some electronics cleaning fluid around, and that fixed the problem.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Marius Kaizerman