Unreliable Remote

A year or so ago I asked the group for suggestions about fixing the unreliable remote for my 407 which sometimes worked, more often didn't. Little response. So, after it failed completely, I tried a fix I have used successfully with other electronic hardware. Nothing to lose!
It is easy to open the remote with a flat screwdriver. It is then easy to replace the battery. But first I tried my fix - I sprayed the whole thing, especially the battery and the three switches with circuit board cleaner (this is alcohol-based and comes in a pressure-pack with a fine tube you can stick in the nozzle). It was easy to put the remote back together. Result? Works perfectly.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ken wrote:

Thanks for reporting back. No doubt if you have had that problem, someone else will as well. Now thhave the solution.
--
Tinkerer

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
As I said in the original post, the Service Manager said the only fix was replacement so for a year or two, if it did not work, I went manual. But when it became permanently manual I tried what I should have in the first place. It now continues to work perfectly.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Unfortunately the 'fix' only lasted for about a month. I'm back to manual.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.