warn balljoints on 407

Hi, I have a peugeot 407 sr from 2005 where the the balljoints are warn already at 62000 km. Have anyone experienced that. I think that is much to early.

I am looking forward to hear from someone with the same experience.

Dan

Reply to
Gripping

Have we been going over so many speed ramps?at speed?

Reply to
Chrs

No way, no bumpy roads or anything, just ordinairy road. I drive a lot on motorway, and as far as I know, there is no speed ramps.

"Chrs" skrev i en meddelelse news:20080114205830.50ff1306@compaq...

Reply to
Gripping

your going so fast dont know your going over them ahahahha

Reply to
Chrs

I suspect I have a similar problem with my 407. Only 27k miles, but I get occasional clonks from the front end, usually when accelerating or braking. And I do regularly drive over speed bumps (although to at excessive speed), they are everywhere around here. There is also a half mile of potholed drive I have to negotiate to get to the car park at work.

I plan to get mine looked at before the warranty runs out in a couple of months.

Are you really saying that Peugeot build cars than cannot cope with modern road conditions in the UK?

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon

As in unepaired roads, more potholes than the middle ages and so on?

I remember when I was working on the Isle of Wight back in 1989 a friend of mine telling me that he was getting through headlight bulbs on his motorbike at a rate of knots. Apparently the Honda rep from the mainland was in the shop at the time and having just ridden on the island's roads declared himself "not bloody surprised".

Reply to
malc

I think its a handy cop out for the government not to spend money repairing roads, fortunately for them car suspension, steering and braking has improved so much over the years that the average road user does not realise just how bad a condition the roads are in. Around my way parts of the A10 has been re-surfaced but its been done in such a poor cheap way. It looks good and seems ok until you actually drive on it. You can feel the surface of the tarmac rolling from side to side and lots of little humps in it. Its even worse on a motorbike. You can see just how bad the surface is when it rains. I must admit though, I am surprised that car bulbs last as long as they actually do.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Looking at the parts list they basically replaced much of the front suspension of mine under warranty. That must have been at about 15000 miles. It was creaking very loudly when braking at low speed or going over minor bumps such as when maneuvering in a rough car park.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant