Warn vs. Mile Marker

I am in the market for a winch and am wondering about the quality of the Mile Marker electric winches. I know that Warn is a decent brand but 4 wheel parts is running a special on the Mile Marker and it is a really attractive price. If anyone has any experience with these, please feel free to share.

Reply to
Ross Morgenroth

We have a guy in our local club that runs milemarker. A strong winch, VERY slow, but no complaints from him thus far

Reply to
Len !

For $100 more you can get a Warn 8000.

Reply to
Desert YJ

And that is what I am trying to find out. Is a Warn worth the extra $$?

Reply to
Ross Morgenroth

Mile Marker? Who? God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Morgenroth wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

All I can say is you get what you pay for.

For the extra $100 you get the k> I am in the market for a winch and am wondering about the quality of the

-- Chad Remove MY.APENDIX to reply

YJ RIP

02 TJ Sport Work in progress (His) 99 WJ Limited (Hers)
" A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in humanhistory. With the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." Mitch Ratcliffe
Reply to
Chad Fraker

For my money it was easy. The milemarker may be a good winch but I know the Warn is a great winch and the company stands behind it. To me the extra money was an easy decision. Warn out numbers all other winches in my area by a long shot, there must be a reason! Jim F.

Reply to
Hackle

I've had a Mile Marker since 1998. It has been flawless.

Reply to
Trust5280

I think the reason there are so many Warn on the market is simply that they have been there longer. I bought the Mile Marker Electric (8000) last year and love it.

Reply to
Morrissey

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)