Wiring of new radio in 406 coupe

Following a previous post, I've deceided to fit my Alpine system in to the 406 coupe ('99 model 194 bhp V6 SE ) myself.

I've been perusing the Alpine wiring diagram together with the Peugeot pinouts. The question surrounds the power set up and Block A from the

406 hand book. It shows;

A1: Car phone Mute lead A2:- A3:- A4:(+) Perminant A5:(+) Aerial supply A6: (+)Side Lights A7:(+) Accessories A8: Earth

The apline has a 20 amp feed line so I'll connect that directly to the car battery.

Should I connect the Alpine ignition lead to the accesories or perminant Pug connection?

Why is there a connection for Side lights on the plug?

Sorry for the basic question.

Any help gratefully accepted

Tony

Reply to
Tony Ramsden

Just buy a wireing harness mate, it just plugs into everything and gives u an ISO connector, which is all u need.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Cheater you are wrong in this case,

The alpine unit has a significantly thicker yellow power supply wire on it, because of the amount of ampage the unit draws, these have to be connected directly to the car battery as the standard wires are insufficient for the max current draw of the unit....

And we know what happens when you use thin wire and high current draw devices, heat -> flames -> electrical fire, but not to worry anyone !

You connect the typically Red (Accessory lead) from the alpine to your Pugs accessory lead, this is the switching connection that turns your HU off when the key is not in.. Obviously if you want to be able to use the HU without the car being on or the key in then connect it to the permanent feed.

The connection for the side lights is for a dimming function of the head unit, as you can appreciate the display of the alpine unit is bright, so at night when you turn your lights on it dims the lights on the uni when connected to the Orange illumination wire of the Alpine unit.

Hope this helps :o)

-- Deviant Devanti

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Yeah, so u have to add "1" wire, still no need to hack at the whole wireing, just put another cable it.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Also, pug has its own wire from the bat to the radio, well mine does anyhow.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Yeah but it only facilitates for the OEM head unit and it would not be sufficient for the aftermarket unit. Unless trhe unit was only using RCA outputrs in which case standard wires will be fine...

-- Deviant Devanti

Reply to
Deviant Devanti