05 vs 04 Tundra

...newbie here - I'm looking at getting a Tundra and looking for opinions about getting an 04 with a good rebate versus doing the best deal I can with an 05? Is there anything about the 05's that make them preferable over the

04's. TIA
Reply to
Jonnie Santos
42 more horsepower and a 5 speed auto on the V-8 plus extra options not available on the 04.
Reply to
Larry

...the V8 is what I am planning on (even assuming fuel prices go through the roof around December). Thanks.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

40 horsepower and 5mpg better per EPA

They added VVTi to the 4.7 for 2005 You can also get the Toyota Navigation system as a factory option now.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Checking Toyota's web site, the claim for 5 mpg increase have been removed for the 05 Tundra. New mpg figures show only a increase on the city/hwy with minumal change on the highway only.

Dang it, was hoping for 5-6 increase on the highway but doesn't look like that will happen this year.

Reply to
Larry

Wow. I thought 18-24 was a little hard to believe. My 94 with the 22RE got

22-24. I could squeak 30 out of it if I maintained 55.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer