1992 Bonneville Elec Ignition ?

Got a 1992 Bonneville that is firing on only 4 clyinders and at times will fire the other 2 cly. Put new wires and plugs on it (Delco Wires and AC Plugs). Tested with Ohm meter the coil (3 on one) and they all show the same readings. Scan tool shows no codes that are pertaining to a ignition problem yet if I put my inductive pick up timing light on the wires one at a time they show the same results 4 fire good and the other are intermittent. The non firing cly are on the same coil of the coil pack. Can a Crank sensor cause this? I am Thinking the Ignition module is not sending the signal to the coil everytime. Like switch (SCR) in OMC outboards would do. Is there a test that one can do with volt ohm meter to test ignition module?

All help is appreciated

Thanks, Chuck (Strowhat)

Reply to
Strowhat

Swap coils and see if the problem follows the coil. DVM is not a good test for coils. It could be internally shorting or arcing at 30kv and not at 1v. It is possible the the ign.mod is bad. Make sure the connections are clean. Inside the mod are dual cmos' for each coil. They can go bad intermittently. Probably not the crank sensor.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Reply to
robert -wanda fox