97 Grand Prix Door Window

On the driver side window, what do you adjust to keep the front edge and the rear edge going up at the same time. The rear lags the front and eventually gets so cocked that I have to help the rear catch up by hand. Is this the regulator? How do I adjust that? Something may be broken all together, but I can't see it if it is. I lubed the tracks and that worked for a while, but the soft material must be absorbing the oil or grease until it begins dragging again. Any ideas?

John

Reply to
gifer

You'll have to remove the door panel to see if anything is broken. I haven't worked on windows since working on my 89 Z 24 and 91 Bonneville, but there is a guide ear connected to the top edge of the rear of the glass to keep it in the rear track.

There might also be a aluminum guide runner, running verticle in the front portion of the door that broke loose. Common problem in 2 door. They tear off the rivets from the weight of the glass swaying when the door are slammed for 6-7 years. This is the runner that guides the front portion of the glass as it goes down in the door.

Are there any rattles when closing the door with the window fully closed, half - way down or all the way down? Usually if theres rattles something has broken.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face