1994 Grand Am interior lights only work with dimmer

Hi,

I looked all around this group and only found stuff about the interior lights staying on constantly or not working at all.

I have a different problem. With my car, the interior lights will work if I turn them on with the dimmer dial on the dash. They don't work otherwise. They won't come on if I open the doors, when I turn off the car, etc... I remember reading somewhere that it may be related to the chime thing, but my "headlights on" and "key in ignition" chime works just as it should. They only thing is the interior lights.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and had any ideas what to do to try to figure this one out.

Its a 1994 GT with power locks (aftermarket remote start / keyless entry).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
JTKrupa