1996 Grandam -- changing a turn-signal bulb

I have a 1996 Grandam. Right now my main problem is that I want to change a turn-signal bulb. I took off the two clips, but couldn?t figure out how to get the lens off. Does anyone know how?

The other problem is: As much as I love my car, every summer I have to put up with a whirring sound every time I turn the steering wheel when I?m parking. Does anyone know how to fix this. My husband sells GM cars and we have probably had about 60 of them over the last 25 years. We have never ever heard this sound before, yet the mechanics say there is nothing that can be done.

Thanks.

Reply to
suey

Easy. Open the trunk, pop off the padding, rotate bulb holder counter- clockwise, r&r bulb. Re-install.

All my cars have done that a little bit. If its really bad you could try lubing the upper steering shaft bearing. The steering wheel and other parts will have to come off.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul