1997 GP GTP Alternator

Just lost my second alternator. The first went at about

43,000 miles and was covered under the extended warranty. This one at 81,000 came out of my pocket.

This one spiked a resistor in the fuel system knocking out the fuel pump. $200 for the alternator and $60 for the resistor. Plus labor of course. Total about $400

Can not complain too much. Bought it used at 34,000 miles.

In five years I have replaced the alternator (twice) fule pump resistor (once) water pump (once) spark plugs and wires (once) driver's side door to body weather seal (once)

It is the wife's daily driver and she is happy with it.

Marvin

m lambert 3 at comcast dot net

Reply to
Return To Sender

Have you checked out the fuel pump resistor mod?

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00