2.0 ohc performance upgrades

i am wondering if anyone knows of any upgrades that will help me make my

1992 sunbird with a 2.0 overhead cam faster. i had to buy this car becouse of the gas prices but it needs to be faster. i am replacing the head right now so i am looking for a cam. thanks
Reply to
Richard

Visit

They should have just about anything you might be looking for.

Reply to
Tony V.

I wouldn't bother. Why buy a car "because of the gas prices", but then attempt to upgrade it so you can go faster and "burn more gas"? Doesn't make much sense.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

I say it depends on the mods and driving style. I've upgraded my 2.3L Quad, and know for fact I'd take a stock 3.8L N/A (Bonnie, GP etc.) Both in gas mileage (regardless of how I drive) and speed (I've done it more than once). I average 29 mpg with combined city highway and "rigorous" driving too and can easily out accelerate 3.8's 3.5's, 3.4's, 3.1's. A supercharged 3.8 is faster, but not by a ton. I don't generally go looking for races or anything, but the extra power is enjoyable in daily driving. Also, I'd much prefer the smoothness of a V6 to what I have, but the gas mileage is nice also. I plan to wear this car out, then move to somethng bigger and more expensive no doubt.

I'm not disagreeing wholly, but adding that it certainly depends on many factors. For example, my intake only causes more power and more consumption if I request it with my right foot.

Reply to
Tony V.

if i upgrade the 2.0 and have some kind of power to make the car move, it still will get better gas then the 383 in my camaro. what the hell maybe i will just sell this piece of crap 2.0 and get a real car anyways!

Reply to
Richard