2000 GP GTP - Climate control

the vent on the right side of the middle 3 vents pushes colder air than the other two, is this normal, or is my climate control in need of repair, I live in Phoenix where cold air is crucial. Thanks

Reply to
Tim

Tim, I just wanted to be sure that you know that there are separate right-side and left-side temperature controls. The passenger side can be set to push much cooler air than on the driver's side and vice-versa. Or they can be set at the same temperature.

Reply to
StingRay

With duel climate control the right side will vent will blow different temp. air if the passenger setting different then the driver.... Try setting the driver at 75 and the pass. on 60 and the right and left ones should be blowing totally different temps. if not there is a problem with the control unit....

Reply to
JJGRECO

I am experiencing the same problem that Tim reported. My vehicle has dual controls and the air that is emitted from the driver's vents is substantially warmer than that out of the passenger vents when both controls are set for the same temperature in dual mode or when set by the driver's control in non-dual mode.

The air-mix control door motor on the driver's side appears to be rotating through it's full range as the temperature setting is moved from the low to the high extreme positions.

Does this system use two expansion valves whereby the two separate evaporators are operating at different temperatures?

Any suggestions you have on isolating this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Ray Hardy

Reply to
Ray