2000 Grand am cranks but won't start

2000 Pontiac Grand am 2.4L DOHC cranks but wont start. Has good spark at spark plugs and good injector pulse plenty of fuel pressure. It
also wont start with starting fluid. Any help?

Additional Info: Compression reading are 180 psi in all cylinders and new spark plugs are gas fouled.....I'll put new ones in tommorrow. I have thought about timing chain except the engine sounds typical when it cranks over. None of the tell tell sounds of an engine out of cam timing. The security light is not on or flashing and that system appears to be funtioning properly.

I had a similar issue with my '89 T/A GTA. It turned out to be a computer malfunction where it was reading a WOT condition all the time and dumping loads of fuel into the chambers.
Lee
'00 SSEi '09 G8 GXP

Lee were there any signs like gas smell or tps readings out of spec ......and what was your final solution to the problem? Thanks

Big-time gas smell. Don't remember the TPS issue. They replaced the computer free under the emissions warranty.

thanks Lee I got the new plugs in and when I crank it I now have bad gas smell. I will check out the wot situation thanks
responding to http://www.motorsforum.com/pontiac/2000-Grand-am-cranks-but-won-t-start-10718-.htm soboba1 wrote:

I'm going nuts and I can't getting to run, could it be the PCM?
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.motorsforum.com/ Automotive Community Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.autos.pontiac - 10679 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##