2000 Grand Prix SE shifting hard

My 2000 Grand Prix SE normally runs great. Lately, however, after I have been driving the car for about 20-30 minutes around town, the transmission begins to shift kind of hard. At the same time, the engine starts running with a higher-pitched sound. When this starts to happen, I will park the car and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I then turn the car over again and it runs fine again, at least for another 30 minutes or so. What do you guys suggest? Have my transmission fluid flushed? Have the transmission get a tune-up? Or is this something more serious? If I took the car to the local mechanic, can they just hook the car up to a computer and diagnose it like that, or i will they have to keep the car for a day or two? Please tell me that it is nothing too serious since it normally runs great. I will take all the advise i can get. Thank you very much!!

Reply to
Labrador

Niels Petersen

Reply to